2018 was indeed a good year for the actors of NorthEast India. Many of them displayed their talents and performed very well in Bollywood. These are some the actors who made it big in Mainstream cinema this year.
1. Andrea Tariang from Shillong debuted in “PINK” a Shoojit sircar’s film, sharing screen with Amitabh bachchan.
2. Bijou Thaangjam from Imphal was seen in many films this year, like Pradeep Ingole’s Robinhood ke pote , Sanjib Dey’s III Smoking barrels, Gitanjali Sinha’s Karma Cafe and also as a very Important role in Ajay Devgn‘s Shivaay and currently shooting for Shubham Singh‘s Penalty. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bijou_Thaangjam
3. Chuzho Zhokhoi from Dimapur was seen in Abhinay Deo’s Force-2 sharing screen with John Abraham and Sonakshi Sinha.
4. Devi Dolo from Itanagar worked in Ashutosh Gowarikar – Mohenjo Daro.
5. Diganta Hazarika from Guwahati was in Ashutosh Gowariker’s Mohenjo Daro sharing screen with Hrithik Roshan
6. Kenny Basumatry from Guwahati will be seen in Tigmanshu Dulhia’s Yaara sharing screen with Amit Saad, Vidyut jamwal and Shruti hassan. It was scheduled to release in 2016 but will be released in 2017.
7. Lin Laishram From Imphal will be seen as one of the important role in Vishal Bradhwaj‘s Rangoon sharing screen with Saif Ali Khan, Shahid Kapoor and Kangana. also she will be seen in Prashant Nair‘s Film Umrika opposite Prateik Babbar , starring Life of pi fame Suraj Sharma and also Adil Hussain.
8. Monsoon Boruah From Guwahati Debuted as the leading lady in “Chinese Bhasad” the web series by Saurabh Tewari for the voot original. currently on air.
9. Riken Ngomle from Itanagar will be seen in Anurag Basu “Jagga Jasoos” sharing screen with Ranbir Kapoor and Katrina Kaif.
10. Siddharth Boro from Guwahati and ex-Mr Northeast, debuting in Sanjib dey’s III smoking barrels as the lead.