Kisama Heritage, P.W.D. Colony, Kohima, Nagaland, India
Gear up for this year's Hornbill Festival (Kisama, Nagaland) with us. Hornbill festival is one of the most popular festivals in the whole of Northeast and the Nagaland Tourism rightfully takes away all the credit for putting the festival on the map. The festival runs for more than a week with cultural programs and events which are being conducted for past 18 Years. The festival displays the life, history, culture, traditions, and practices of the Naga people. Once at the festival, you will get to see the Naga people, dressed in traditional attire, rejoicing to the tunes and getting immersed in the charisma of the festival. Hornbill festival is one of the most visited and well-organized festivals in this part of the world. People, there are very heart-warming and they welcome you with wide smiles. The festival is held at the iconic Kisama Heritage Village which is located just about 15 kilometres from the capital city of Kohima. all the tribes and sub-tribes of Nagaland take part in the festival that usually takes place between 1st to 10th December every year. Hornbill festival has rightfully earned the tag of ‘festival of festivals’ because of the growing popularity and importance over the years. Each tribe has representatives who let you know about the tribe’s heritage and culture. For food lovers, Hornbill festival is almost like heaven. Traditional cuisines are a major hit there and it gets hard to not taste every dish. There’s a certain aura that attracts so many people to this beautiful festival. Be it the food, the music, the displays, Hornbill festival is almost like a heartthrob that never fails to amuse people.
Join our 10 days tour from Guwahati and back to Guwahati. First, you will also be visiting Meghalaya from 24th to 28th November. This is the time when cherry blosson in the capital city of Meghalaya and it turn into a live painting with beautiful shades of purples and pinks. After that you will also visit Kaziranga National Park, the world heritage site and home to one horned Rhinos. This tour particularly gives you a good experience of Nature, Wildlife, Culture and People together. More details of the itinerary is provided below
Welcome and meet & greet by our company representative at Guwahati Airport and proceed to Shillong. En-route visit – Umiam Lake. On arrival at Shillong visit the Ward’s lake which looks gorgeous with its cherry trees. You can also enjoy beautiful cherry blossoms at the Shillong golf course. Later, you can either choose to visit the market or head to your hotel to rest after a long day. Overnight stay at Shillong.
After breakfast you will drive to Cherrapunji, it is the wettest place on earth. En-route visit – the Mawkdok Dympep Valley View Point. At Cherrapunji you will visit - Dainthlen falls, Wei Sawdong waterfall, Nohkalikai water fall, Arwah Cave, Maswmai Cave and Seven Sisters Waterfalls. Overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
Put on your trekking shoes for the day!! Transport to Tyrna village and thereafter it is a trek from Tyrna to the double-decker root bridge at Nongriat. It is “stairway to heaven”. Ater a long day of trekking enjoy and relax overnight stay in a resort in Cherrapunji.
After having breakfast you will proceed to Mawlynnong, the cleanest village of Asia. After that travel to Dawki, which is known as the cleanest river in India. On the way you will visit Indo-bangla border. In Dawki enjoy boating. Overnight stay Dawki.
Morning, after breakfat travel to visit magical Krang Suri waterfall. Next you shall visit Phe Phe falls which will definitely take your breath away. There will be a small trek of 30-45minutes to visit Phe Phe falls. Enjoy and travel back to Shillong for a sound sleep night stay in a hotel in Shillong.
After breakfast drive to Kaziranga. You will drive to Kaziranga National Park. An UNESCO World Heritage Site, Kaziranga National Park is home to the unique One-Horned Indian Rhinoceros apart from several other wild animals. After arrival at Kaziranga, check in into hotel/resort. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Early morning go for elephant safari into the jungles of Kaziranga National park. Elephant Safari timings are from 5-7AM. After that come back to hotel, have the breakfast and take rest. After lunch go for afternoon Jeep Safari. It will be 2 hours safari into the jungle. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Today after breakfast you will move towards Kohima. On arrival at Kohima, check in hotel and overnight stay at Kohima.
Today after breakfast you will drive to Kisama Heritage Village, where the incredible Hornbill Festival is held every year from 1-10th December. Today you'll spend the whole day at the opening ceremony of the festival and join in the opening ceremony.
The festival is attended by all of Nagaland’s major tribes, and features traditional arts, dances, folk songs, and games. It all takes place amid immaculate replicas of tribal huts, complete with wood carvings and hollow log drums, which are beaten in haunting symphony at the end of the day. The opening speeches begin at 2pm and are followed by the performances. There are many handicraft and food stalls as well as heady rice beer to sample.
In the evening, the main attraction is the Hornbill National Rock Concert, where bands from all over the country come to compete. Later back to hotel. Overnight stay at Kohima.
Today after breakfast you will be exploring picturesque Khonoma Village, just outside Kohima and home to the Angami tribe. Later in the afternoon, we shall come back to back to the Hornbill Festival ground to explore more of the activities of the festival. overnight stay at Kigwema
After breakfast, we shall go for the local sightseeing of Kohima, including the Kohima Cathedral Church and World War 2 Cemetery a tribute to the soldiers who lost their lives during the Japanese invasion. After that we shall drive back to Kigwema and go to see the Hornbill Festival once again. If time permits you may also go to see Kigwema village. Overnight stay at Kigwema.
Today after breakfast check out from the hotel and transfer to Dimapur Airport for your onward destination with an everlasting memory.
1. Lunch and Dinner is not included. For lunch, we can recommend good restaurants on the way of travel.
2. Check your luggage/belongings/valuables/ items in any form, before leave the vehicle/ check out hotel. We/Our Company/organization are not responsible / liable in any manners in case of lost/misplace/damage/ forget of anything in the vehicle/hotel.
3. The rates quoted in the packages are on per person basis when 4 Pax travel together.
4. Price will be less or more when number of person increase or decrease.
5. Price is valid for Indian nationals only.
1. 50% payment to be deposited to confirm the booking.
2. Carry warm clothes.
3. All Cost quoted is in INR (Indian Rupee).
4. Vehicle Provided as per mentioned tour plan (Point to Point Basis only), any additional
5. Sightseeing not mentioned in the Itinerary will be charged extra.
6. No Refund or Compensation for any unused services/transportation in any circumstance.
7. Visits to Museums/Parks/Monasteries/Forts in the program is subject to their remaining open on the day of the visit as per the rules of the competent authority.
8. We will not bear any cost for flights cancelled or delayed due to Bad weather or any other reason given by the airline. The cost of accommodation and transport in such cases will have to be borne by passenger.
9. No changes in the date of travel once booked.
10. Room allotment will be as per the availability at the time of check-in, floor or view preferences are not guaranteed.
11. All expenses which are not included in the cost of package shall be paid directly by tourist at the time of checkout.
12. All tourists are advised to take comprehensive Insurance on their own.
13. The timings given in itinerary and program may be changed without notice keeping in mind local development.
1. 25% cancellation charges if cancelled before 30 days before the tour.
2. 50% cancellation charges if cancelled within a 10-29 days before the tour.
3. No refund for tour starting within 10 days, after the starting or middle of the tour.
4. The Process of Refund will take around 7 days to complete.
photo by Momo