You Have been to Kerala, Goa, Kashmir, Manali. Why not to NorthEast India? I am sure after seeing these pics your next Honeymoon Destination will be NorthEast India, one of the most unexplored and beautiful places on earth. Here we have a few lists for your next Honeymoon Trip.
1. Rainbow Falls and Double-decker living Root Bridge (Cherrapunji) - Meghalaya has some of the tallest and most beautiful waterfalls. Rainbow falls near nongriat village in cherrapunji is one of them and is truly a wonder. On sunny days, a huge rainbow is seen across the falls which gives its name. Another wonder is the double-decker living root bridge nearby. Its a man-made double-decker bridge, made from joining the roots of trees from across the river. Both the places can be accessible from Nongriat village in Cherrapunji by trekking a downhill of around 2 hours journey. For Accommodation, you can opt for camping and homestay in Cherrapunji.
2. Ziro Valley - Arunachal Pradesh : The home of Apatani's Ziro is among the most beautiful places in entire NorthEast India. Situated at a height of 1500mt above sea level this picturesque valley is characterized by the vast expansion of paddy fields and surrounded by hills. The calmness and the vibes of this valley will not let you come back once you enter. The best time is in September when the Ziro festival of Music, happiest and hippest outdoor music fest in the country is organized in Ziro.
3. Serlui River - Mizoram : Mizoram is the least explored state in entire NorthEast India. Mizoram, a landlocked state is among the most literate state in India. Mizoram is known for it's rolling hills, valleys, rivers and lakes. It has 21 major hill ranges or peaks. Boating in Serlui River is a must-visit destination of your NorthEast India Trip. Serlui river located in kolasib district is among the most beautiful rivers in India. Boating and spending a day in this river will be an unforgettable journey of your life.
4. Dzukou valley: This is another masterpiece created by god. Its an absolutely eye-soothing green valley in India. This place is located between the border of Nagaland and Manipur. The beauty of this valley can not be captured in a single shot. During summer it looks like a green desert. Trekking and camping to this valley is a major attraction and a very few people go there. So you can enjoy a less crowded mesmerizing destination withing India.
5. Shnongpdeng, Meghalaya - A beautiful village on the bank of Umngot River in Dawki. The water in this river during winter is so clear that the boat appears to be floating in the air. This place is not yet commercialized and you can stay and enjoy village life. There are activities available like Boating, Kayaking, Cliff Jumping, Zip lining, Swimming etc. For Accommodation, you can stay in a Camping tent or Homestay.
6. Gnathang Velley, Sikkim - The Beauty of Sikkim is beyond words, a holistic, self-discovering trip that will make you want to get lost in the scenic beauty of its mighty soul. Gnathang Valley, also known as Switzerland of India is situated at the height of 13,000 ft. above sea level. This beautiful valley surrounded by snow-capped hills and mountain is a must-visit place in Old-Silk-Route.
7. Kaziranga National Park : One of the most popular national park in India. The home of the world's great one-horned rhinoceroses and a World Heritage Site. Kaziranga is home to the highest density of tigers among protected areas in the world. The park is also home to large populations of elephants, wild water buffalo, and swamp deer. Located on the edge of the Himalaya and bank of river Brahmaputra Kaziranga is a recognized biodiversity hotspot. You can go for a jeep safari or elephant safari to enjoy nature and wildlife. For accommodation, you can opt for Camping or Resort.
8. Tawang - Arunachal Pradesh is a wonder of nature. It's nature, culture, people are all unique and pristine. Only a few portions of it has been explored yet. No one knows what is hidden in the treasure. Tawang is one of the commonly accessible beautiful places in Arunachal Pradesh that you should never miss when travel to North East India. It's not only the place Tawang but the whole journey is breathtaking. Places like Sela-Pass, Sangetsar Lake or Madhuri Lake, Bumla pass, Bomdila, Dirang will definitely give a unique experience. Public transport is difficult for Tawang. You need to hire an SUV from Guwahati or Tezpur. You can book an SUV here. Also on the way don't miss to see rare Brahmaputra river Dolphin in Tezpur. You can contact here for River Dolphin sightseeing.
9. Krem Puri - Mawsynram : Caves of Meghalaya are among the longest caves in the world. Of the ten longest and deepest caves in India, the first nine are in Meghalaya, while the tenth is in Mizoram. Krem Puri cave in Meghalaya which was discovered in 2016 is the world’s longest sandstone cave and the length of the cave is estimated at 25Km long. You can witness this beautiful cave and we are sure it will be a lifetime memory of your honeymoon trip. For accommodation, you can stay in a camping tent or resort in Mawsynram.
10. Loktak Lake : The largest freshwater lake in Northeast India is also the only floating lake in the world. Loktak lake is famous for its phumdis floating over it. Keibul Lamjao is the only floating national park in the world, is also situated in this lake. It is located near Moirang in Manipur state. You should visit this amazing place during monsoon. There is floating homestay and camping available for accommodation which is one of it's kind. Enjoy your honeymoon in a unique way in Loktak lake. Other activities like Swimming and Angling are also available.